zondag 5 maart 2017

The change from typical modern food to raw food vegan !

At some point on my discovery road in the other direction, the food was getting my attention, as a factor that might bring some answers, which it definitely did for me!


My interest in what food might do with me, started pretty stupid.
In fact, in 2013-2014, Pascale Naessens was pretty popular in Flanders (Belgium) for her view on food. When I read about it, I found the rejection of any processed food a very interesting approach.
Processed food feels indeed too far away from nature. If I would make it myself with all my whole food ingredients, it’s probably ok, now for the majority of processed foods when looking for the ingredients, there is 80% that I don’t know what it is…
So to stop drinking and eating those, really made a lot of sense to me.
Of course it didn’t stop there, I started digging deeper in all that, resulting in the following steps follow each other in the following order;
  • Stopping to eat processed food.
  • Increasing the amount of fruits and vegetables that I ate due to the proven good influence that it has on the cells of which my body is composed (breakfast was only raw fruits and lunch was only raw vegetables with olive oil).
  • Stopped to eat meat due to bad influence animal proteins has on my cells.
  • Stopped to eat fish due to the awareness that fish aren’t necessary and I torture these living creatures for my culinary pleasure.
  • Went Vegan (excluded eggs and milk as well). Eggs because of the way I torture chickens and milk because it is just meant for the veil to grow fast and become a cow. Just like is breast milk for the baby!
  • Discovered the non nutritional side of normal pasta, rice, bread and potatoes and start reducing them. These are just a bunch of processed sugars, making me wanting more and more of it.
  • Learned that cooking removed a lot of vitamins out of what I eat, resulting in me going from 65% to an almost completely raw food lifestyle.
This whole process took +-2 years, from the beginning of 2014 to the beginning of 2016.
As a result, several things happen to me;
  • I lost weight (basically get rid of a lot of rubbish that I used to carry in my body, detox).
  • I felt much better what happens to my body in different circumstances. Way more natural.
  • Of the food (fruits and vegetables) I eat, I can eat as much as I want, my body will tell pretty naturally when I have to stop, so overall everything feels much more natural than it used to before.
  • My body tells me much more that I know what is good for me, rather than that everybody has to learn me everything around such a basic thing such as eating.
When I see what is good for my cells, I learned that all other living creatures (including all animals) are built of those cells as well, and that we are all the same, united, unity, one!
It gives me more respect and make me realize that when I kill any kind of creature not for self-protection and just for my own pleas, it is something that cannot be acceptable in a normal way of living in harmony with nature.

#vegan #rawfoodvegan #nature #harmony #pascalenaessens #belgium #fruitsandvegetables #plants #detox #unity #one

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I just read the below statement in your post above -
    Increasing the amount of fruits and vegetables that I ate due to the proven good influence that it has on the cells of which my body is composed (breakfast was only raw fruits and lunch was only raw vegetables with olive oil).

    Did you not feel hungry eating just this? did you not have bread or carbs? I would really like to talk to you to understand you did it. Its been a month I stopped processed foods and have increased fruits and vegetables. But I have not been able to stop breads and other cooked food.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you very much for reaching out!

    Yes, I was hungry and in the beginning I still had 'normal' food during dinner, and was of course compensating in these times with pasta, potatoes......
    Personally I think this is a normal transition, don't feel bad about it.
    See the positive side of the fact, that you provide your body a wonder full experience twice a day (breakfast and dinner).
    I have given my body a certain kind of food for 35 years, I can't imagine that I completely change my body on the fly, I gave it the time it needed and that I needed.

    Looking back today, I believe that this experience is much less physical (although I have gone to my normal weight with these steps), it is much more mental, in what I believe (or have done).
    I think it also has to do with what some call 'cravings'.
    My experience has taught me that what I believe as feeling 'full' or 'staisfied', is actually my digestion that works 100% to digest the food I gave my body.
    When I gave food to my body that was easier to digest, I did not have that 'full' or 'firm' feeling, now I mentally had to conclude that I was not hungry.
    And if I had doubts about that, I could eat more raw fruit or vegetables until I felt I had eaten enough.
    There is no overeating in raw fruits or vegetables, so I was able to test in extreme ways, eating raw fruits or vegetables that a whole family would normally eat.
    And my personal conclusion was that it was all mental and in my conviction.
    The mind is strong!

    If you have any questions, please reach out (steven.deschuyteneer@gmail.com) or here on the blog, give it the time, and praise yourself for the big changes you've made over the past month!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen