donderdag 28 september 2017

Is sleep related to food?

For me it definitely is!
When I changed my food habits, my whole body started to change and the quality of sleep increased exponentially.





In the first days, everything is new, it feels great, I feel lighter and there were no big changes on sleep that I felt. (I wanted to say that it is a period that feels like the first period of being in love, which is normally pretty special. Now for me personally, that isn’t true. I still feel like I’m in that first period of being in love and I’m pretty sure I will never get out of it.)


So in the beginning (first month(s)) sleep doesn’t really change, now it is not bad at all.
Since I pursued with the new food habits, I then came into a phase what is quite often called as detox.
This is where my body starts to adapt to the new way of eating, and also starts to get away of some garbage I used to throw into my body. It at that time also makes me feel very clear and naturally what is good for it and what not.
In this phase I didn’t feel very well, I lost weight and went even under my natural weight for my length. Now if in that phase there is something special, it is that my sleep quality increased enormously. The length was even quite extreme, going from 8 hours, 10 hours till sometimes even almost 12 hours. Mainly in periods that I used to do a lot of sport in the evening and getting up pretty early in the morning. At those moments the day after, a 12 hours sleep was not unusual. The quality of sleep was great, the water, first thing in the morning I drink, felt like a fresh waterfall coming into me with amazing energy. When later on in the day I then eat some fresh organic whole fruits, it gave me such a boost of energy, feeling lovely and great to get in the day.





Normally I thus indeed have my best energy during the day, some might think there is due to this nothing else I can do in the evening and not even get out to party. In the period of detox that might maybe be true, after that it definitely isn't the case. I now regularly drive the complete night to go on holidays and from time to time still party till pretty early in the morning. This said, I do feel that it's not ideal for my body.


If I think about all that today, it is all so natural, normal that my body needs rest for recovery and especially after big effort and no recovery rest time provided by me. I understand that today by feeling, by myself without any further explanation. I used to not listen to my body, eat a lot of products with refined sugar and drink things that would keep me awake, in order to only needing maybe 5-6 hours of sleep.





Today, after I continued to eat in the way I started all this, I don’t eat or drink any of that stuff anymore to keep me awake and I feel great. I’ve usually around 7 hours of very high quality sleep typically from 22h in the evening till 5h in the morning. When my miracle morning starts!


The only issue I’ve today is when I do some sport in the evening, my adrenaline level is quite high and it’s not easy to get a sleep with that. What I used to do for that is a 10 to 15 minute evening meditation, to calm down my mind and body completely, and I usually doesn’t know what happens just after I lay down and I’ve finished that mediation…


Sleep and the quality of it, is something that has increased very heavily with the food changed habits just like so many other things I have already described.


I love this life !



#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #goodsleep #qualitysleep #listentoyourbody

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten